Our Weekly Meetings
These are essential for us to exchange ideas, to meet together as friends, to hear up-to-the minute Rotary news and to listen to guest speakers on important local and world-wide subjects.
Our meetings are held on every Monday with the exception of holidays. Please check our calendar for details.
To view the club calendar, which includes dates and times of our upcoming meetings, click here.
Board of Director’s Meetings
Our Board meets every second Thursday to discuss and agree on major Rotary matters.
Our committees focus on all specific Rotary functions
Guided by our Board, our organization’s activities are areas of service led by Directors and a number of committees under their jurisdiction. These are:
- Africa — Part of World Community Service (WCS) this committee manages all our ongoing activities in Africa including drilling fresh, clean water wells in Uganda, micro-financing projects in rural villages and many other initiatives in that region.
- Annual Auction — Prepares for and organizes our June/July Auction and Rummage Sale. This is a vital element in our Club as it funds all our work.
- Communications — This committee is responsible for all our internal and external communications.
- Finance — Responsible for all financial matters involved in our Club activities.
- Community Grants — Handles all matters related to the awarding of grants to local non-profits.
- Large Grants — Responsible for the selection and issuance of grants for major local community efforts.
- Membership — This committee is concerned with seeking and inviting prospective new members.
- Scholarships — Our Club gives Scholarship Awards on an annual basis for deserving local students. This committee evaluates candidates and awards scholarship each spring.
Each of the above committees is led a by a Chairperson who reports to their Directors who are usually Board Members.