Learn about the benefits of Rotary. Get Involved!
The Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island, Washington, is a group of men and women with a common belief that we can make a difference in our community and our world. As Rotarians, we pledge to practice the ideal of “Service above Self”. Our club has actively served the Bainbridge Island community since 1947. With the help of other Rotary Clubs and Rotary International, we have also worked on numerous international service projects.
Please take a few minutes to look through our web site and learn more about our history, accomplishments, and our community and international service efforts.
The Object of Rotary
To encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and in particular to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
- High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
- The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to his personal, business and community life.
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world of fellowship of business and professional individuals united in the ideal of service.
The Four-way Test
Rotarians are committed to practicing this four-way test to evaluate the things we think, say, or do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Interested in Joining?